Riley Helena

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 1, 2014

Ocean Habitat


We have a project in school where we have to make a diorama - that is hard to say -  of one of the habitats we learned about.  I picked the ocean because I like dolphins and I am excited about the Dolphin Tale 2 movie coming out.  I could have picked ponds or forests or desert but I thought the ocean would be good. 

Mommy helped me put it together in a shoe box.  We got some coral from Gram's shed.  It used to be in a fish tank but all of the fish died.  We bought some fish and shark toys.  I have a turtle and an octopus too.  Dolphins are my favorite and there were 2 dolphins.  But then Julian took one of the dolphins and we couldn't find it. So it is just 1 dolphin now.  So we hung a shark too to look like it is swimming. I colored the shoebox blue for the ocean and put in construction paper for the ocean floor. 


I had to tell one fact about my habitat. Did you know that most of our planet is covered by salt water? It is!

No comments: